Henry David Bonson was born about May 1854 in Shoreditch, and was christened on 31 May 1854 in St John Baptist, Shoreditch.
At the 1881 Census he was living at 43 Myrtle Place
- Henry BONSON Head M 26 Shoreditch, Middlesex. Paper Cutter
- Mary G. BONSON Wife M 27 Islington, Middlesex.
- Henry BONSON Son 3 Shoreditch, Middlesex.
- William BONSON Son 2 Dalston, Middlesex.
At the 1891 Census he was at 30 Mayfield Road, Hackney
Henry D Bonson is 36 and a stationers card cutter. He and his wife, Mary J, and five children are living in four rooms of the house. His son Henry is at 13 a Vulcanite worker and the next three, William age 12, Florence aged 9 and Edith aged 6 are at school. Lillian at 4 is too young.
Robert Braddy a licenced victuallars assistant, his wife and one year old daughter have two other rooms in the house and William Hagger, his wife and baby have the other two rooms.
Henry married Mary G (surname unknown) Children from this marriage were:
- i. Henry Leonard Bonson was born about Nov 1877 in Shoreditch, London, Middlesex.
- ii. William Charles Bonson was born about May 1879 in Dalston, London, Middllesex (Registered In Hackney).
- iii. Florence Mary Bonson was born about Aug 1881 in Hackney..
- iv. Edith Alice Bonson was born on 19 May 1884 in Hackney..
- v. Lilian Ann Bonson was born about Nov 1886 in Hackney..
- vi. Edwin Alfred Bonson was born about Aug 1891 in Hackney..
- vii. Emily (Dolly) Bonson was born about Aug 1894 in Hackney..
- viii. Sidney Bonson was born on 28 Mar 1896 in Dalston, London. and died in 1976 in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire., at age 80.